Wednesday, August 16, 2006

An Uncommon Sight

This sign is located on the famous "Highway of Death". You know, the one where the USAF just lit up a several mile long convoy of Iraqi looters during the First Gulf War. There are no visible reminders of this but it is eerie to be out there especially at night. I know that thousands died here in a very one sided fight but that is what the USAF is designed for after all.

I'm trying to find out the whole story behind the sign but so far I have not discovered much. It is way, way out not to far from the border so I expect that the Iraqis pillaged this area. Maybe the rancher had some bad experiences with the Iraqis and feels genuine compassion for our soldiers. What ever the story it is nice to see that some one in the world besides our families really care. I wish Cindy Sheehan could see this sign.

1 Comments:

Blogger Marie's Two Cents said...

Thank you for your service to Our Country.

Love that sign.

10:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

View My Milblogging.com Profile