Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Movie Review - Napoleon Dynamite

I am getting old. I didn't get it. It sucked. It is the stupidest movie I have ever seen. It was worse than a David Lynch movie and watching those is about as much fun as cleaning your tennis shoes after stepping in dog crap.

I love dumb movies. I love Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure. I think Blazing Saddles is the funniest movie ever made. Ren & Stimpy make me howl. South Park has lost it's edge but still is so insightful but this....was...just...painful.

Maybe the deadpan delivery was supposed to be so understated as to be over the top. Maybe the overuse of the word "Sweet" was supposed to cause it to enter everyone's lexicon. Maybe the Pedro vs Summer for Class President was supposed to represent the down trodden underclass finally punching the popular kids in the nose.

I don't care what it was supposed to mean. It was stupid. I am going to kick Dave from Daves Not Here right in the ass when I see him. He told me how great this was. I'm coming for you Dave, get ready. You don't have Chad to protect you now!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank God! I so didn't get the whole thing about this movie. It sucked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
love you LP

5:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW... You are getting old, because this movie is awesome! It is filled with one liners, and its one of those movies that grows on you the more you watch it. I bet you if you watched it again you would like it more.

Your Nephew,

J

11:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

View My Milblogging.com Profile