Saturday, September 03, 2005

Hurricanes and Politics

We have several people here who were directly affected by the hurricane in NO. A female flew home because her son was missing. One of our supervisors did not hear from his daughter for 3 days. One of the other women's families lost every house in the family. I am grateful that I was not directly affected and thankful that I am not there now. I am also thankful that I have my hands full here and am not assigned to that mess. I'm not hard hearted, I am just tired of being in the middle of an effort that becomes mired in politics and rhetoric as I see happening in the Big Easy. The only good thing I can see out of this is that we don't have to listen to Cindy Sheehan for a while.

I could pontificate but my friend David has done a much better job than I could on this subject. I invite you to read his blog on this at http://davesnothere.blogs.com/davesnothere/

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a tragic thing to happen to so many people. For sure your group is deeply affected. "Big Lou" and other, Chandra and I will say a prayer for all of you. If there is anything I can do to help any of your people let me know.

God bless you all and God bless all those families on the Gulf Coast and NO.

7:57 PM  
Blogger flythemig29 said...

Thanks Fritz. Louie says hello and is overjoyed that his family is AOK.

10:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

View My Milblogging.com Profile