Wednesday, August 10, 2005

How would you like to see this in your rear view window?

Say what you will about the Army but they have the most lethal helicopter fleet in the world. These Apaches can take out a tank from 3 miles away with a HellFire and they can take on any infantry or APCs with the 25mm chain gun on the chin. This one came in low over me when I happened to have my camera with me. He has some rockets in pods so he is out hunting for bear. I have gotten to know a lot of the pilots of these birds and they are all either crazy or fierce and some are both! They get right down in the middle of it and they will take any fire to protect the ground pounders. This is a weapons system worth the money we spend on it. The Apache is a beast!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

View My Milblogging.com Profile