Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Wireless Blogging

I am sitting in the Admiral's Club in Austin, Texas writing this. My flight is delayed so I sit here, linked up and with a cold Shiner Bock beer at my side. I won't get much beer for the next 90 days and maybe none so I am taking advantage of it.

I remember a couple of years ago sitting in the British Airways club in Dubai with Dave from daves-not-here. He pulled out a monster laptop, went online and started a blog feed. I told him that he was such a geek that I needed to go sit somewhere else. Well here I am 2 years later being a geek. I do also remember that Dave moaned about his monster laptop as it was so big to haul around. That does not really bother me as I need all the help I can get reading. Besides, i bought this one more for entertainment than anything else so i don't mind....yet.

My wife, son, and father in law took me to the airport. This trip is a little weird. I am going to a place I have not been to for over 20 years, to an unknown situation, to work with people I don't know. I also found out late that there are very few Americans involved in this operation and that I will be one of a fistfull of Yanks in British controlled operation. I'll be OK. I actually like English Football so I can talk sports with them.

Chat later when I get where I am going.

2 Comments:

Blogger David M said...

The Thunder Run has linked to this post in the blog post From the Front: 03/05/2008 News and Personal dispatches from the front lines.

9:58 PM  
Blogger MathewK said...

Careful with the blogging mate, it can get addictive, i've been at it for a few years now, take laptops and the internet away and i'll be heading to tall building nearby. ;)

Keep us posted about goings-on in the magic kingdom ok.

1:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

View My Milblogging.com Profile