Saturday, February 23, 2008

What to do?

I had the pleasure of entertaining Dave from daves-not-here at my home last week. He was in town with his galpal and they called me out of the blue. We had them over for dinner and had a great time. I had never met her but had a drunken cell phone converstaion with her once when Dave and I were in Dubai for R&R.

One of the topics of discussion is just what do he and I do now since we are out of the war zone? We both started blogging as a way to share our experiences with everyone about what it is like to live, work, and survive in a modern danger zone. We both have left and hopefully neither of us will have to go back to that God-Awful place.

I am going to Saudi Arabia but that is not a red zone at this time. I want no more of Iraq. I was there for 4 long years and have to wonder if I did not push my luck on that. Those rockets that blasted BIAP last week hit a compound I lived in last year.

Dave and I both agree that we need to change the titles, change the content, or just close these blogs and start new ones. What do you think?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep blogging, no doubt. If you need to change things, fine, but keep on bloggin'

8:28 AM  
Blogger Don Cox said...

I hope you both keep going since we got to know you as individuals with your own personal outlooks on life. You don't have to be in danger to be interesting. I guess you just need to change the title, but there's no need for Dave to change his - it is memorable and applies anywhere. Looking forward to your observations of SA.

1:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really enjoy reading your blogs, and I'll definitely change my RSS feed to follow your new one if you change. I think Blogger allows you to change your title and URL, but I do not know if the RSS feed stays the same or not. I think it would.

Anyway, to change or not to change? I think it's entirely up to you since it is your personal blog. But to honest, I'd have no idea what you would rename it. And since you are going back to Saudi Arabia, you could name it those "Silly Saudis," but that's not as good as your original title. (Wacky is a more friendlier term anyway. Silly is not as PC). LOL.

Anyway, I'm sure you'll choose a good title and URL.

9:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you should both continue blogging. Change the name if you want, stay away from politics and continue to express yourself as you both do it so well. My suggestion would be to blog about what it is like trying to adjust to not being in a war zone. With the thousands of civilians returning from similar situations your insight would help them to understand that they are not so unusual for feeling the way they do. I know I was not there as long as either of you but still had the roller coaster ride when I came back.
What ever either of you decide to do all the best.

4:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

View My Milblogging.com Profile