Saturday, February 02, 2008

Saudi Arabia

Lots of folks have commented that they think I am bored or just can't stand not being part of the big grind and that this is why I am going to Saudi Arabia. Not true. I am thoroughly enjoying being off for the first time in years and really have no desire to go anywhere right now.
If I go for 60-90 days I can make enough money to put a really bitchin deck in the back yard with a built in kitchen and teak cover over it. I was also told that I will be helping out two other guys who have not been able to get their R&Rs because the rotation schedules have not been kind.
I don't know what I will do afterward. The siren song of Iraq keeps calling me but I have cotton stuffed in my ears instead of being lashed to the mast like Ulysses.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would take that offer too. If the company has an office in Bahrain you could fly in there and then drive across the causeway. When I was in Saudi last that was what I could do. Had a multiple exit/entry and if I felt like having a dinner with some wine I could just drive across to Bahrain and return the same day. A lot of Expats lived in Bahrain and drove across to work daily in Saudi. Family could easily come to Bahrain to visit where it would be a little harder in Saudi to just come and go. Something you may want to think about if there are longer term possibilities.

I expect that there will be more and more job opportunities for "Yanks" in the Gulf as the dollar will make us more competative today then in recent past.

Best of luck. By gold while your there. Could you ever imagine it would be over 900 dollara an ounce!

8:41 PM  
Blogger David M said...

The Thunder Run has linked to this post in the - Web Reconnaissance for 02/04/2008 A short recon of what’s out there that might draw your attention, updated throughout the day...so check back often.

8:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

View My Milblogging.com Profile