Sunday, March 16, 2008

I seen that train a rollin.....

I got an email this morning stating that Camp Taji had a train come in. This is the first train to come in the gates since 2003. I remember the last one. It was a Turkish built model and they were going to use it to haul a flatbed car with a couple of T-55s for war trophies for some National Guard units. The locomotive went south to Baghdad for something and the bad guys promptly blew up the tracks. We never saw the locomotive again.
Well, I saw it this morning. It appears to be the very same locomotive that was there in 2003.
This is another sign that things are getting better but did you hear about this in the MSM? Of course not. No one died, no political candidate could use this as fodder for the gristmill. It is non news except to those of us who have been there. This is the kind of news I like hearing.
For a link to the website with photos try: http://mksviews.wordpress.com/2008/03/15/the-thunder-rolls/

3 Comments:

Blogger MathewK said...

Thanks for the link back and yeah, won't hear about any of this in the MSM, not bad news, that's why. A real screwed up world this where we seem unhappy when our side is winning.

Thanks for what you did over there. Folks like you seldom get the credit your deserve.

12:56 PM  
Blogger David M said...

The Thunder Run has linked to this post in the blog post From the Front: 03/17/2008 News and Personal dispatches from the front lines.

8:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have called in on this location on many an instance now but this post is the 1st one that I have ever commented on.

Congratulations on such a first-rate critique and site. I have found it to be very helpful and educational - I only wish that there were more blogs online like this one.

I never disappear from this blog without learning anything, from time to time I may feel a tiny bit saddened that I may not agree with a blog article or comeback that has been made. But hey! that is existence and if every one decided to agree on the same thing what a boring old world we would exist in.

Please maintain your admirable work.

Having said all of this, and if I'm kindly allowed to continue with my entries I will come again to post on your blog site soon


Cheers, have a great day and thank you.

10:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

View My Milblogging.com Profile