Friday, December 28, 2007

Strange Days

I was in Wal-Mart with my wife and sister. I walked up to look at cell phones and a young woman started chatting me up. It was obvious she was flirting but she finally said she was the T-Mobile rep and wanted to know if I was interested in a cell phone. I had forgotten how women will use their sexuality for sales and was actually taken aback by this.
I told her that I did not want to sign any contracts as I am not sure how long I will be here. She pried and I told her I had just come back from the sand box. I live close to Fort Hood so that is not an uncommon thing around here. She asked me if it was strange to be back. I gazed around the electronics department looking at all the fat people so self absorbed in consumerism and told her that yes; it was strange. I wound up getting a disposable phone and a $25.00 refill card. That is what I had in Iraq so that at least is not strange.
We needed another vehicle as I sold my Explorer a couple of years ago. My wife hates it when I car shop because my step father was general manager of a Volvo dealership and I learned from him how to grind them down. I did not want to go through that exercise but knew I had to. I just wanted to make it as painless as possible so I got my own financing before we went.
I found a Red Tag Tahoe for a good price and we went to the Chevy dealer. We looked at this one Tahoe, test drove it and then I bought it for the Red Tag price. It was as easy as that. No grind, no pain, no muss, no fuss. I bought it from Hewett Chevrolet in Georgetown, Texas and they were as pleasant as can be. My wife can't believe that I did not walk out twice and then go shop another dealer to attempt to play them against each other but I just did not have the energy or desire to do so.
We now have a new Tahoe in the front drive and she will be driving the wheels off of it this week to show it to all her buddies. That's OK. She has put up with a a lot while I have been gone and I want her and the T-Man to have the very best of life.
I hear them stirring about so I am cutting this short. I don't write when they are awake so Adios for now.

1 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

Hey James just wanted to wish you and the family a wonderful, happy,healthy 2008! May it be a great year for all of you! All the best!
Katie and family

7:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

View My Milblogging.com Profile