Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Alive and Well

I have been given yet another "temporary" mission and have just been swamped. This one was jacked up and I have been putting in 14-15 hours a day to try and get things going correctly. I have a Battalion sized unit that I am in charge of scattered over 23 locations in Iraq. It make command and control very difficult. There is nothing about this challenge that can't be overcome but it is a critical part of the overall mission and I have obligated myself for at least another 3 months.
I was prepared to go home. I am still looking at my target date with longing. I sent all my stuff home and have no winter gear here and it is getting colder. At least I am with good folks, some of who have also been here since 03. Oh well, war does funny things and has a way of driving you rather than you driving it.
Household 6 (Mrs MiG) just closed on a new house for us so she is tickled pink and my not being home yet has been padded by that. I guess that takes the edge off. I don't have any firm fixed date right now. The new CO coming is a friend and he and I have been deployed together before. he just finished a long stint in Djibouti but we kept in touch the entire time.
I'll write more later, I am bone tired and it is late. I did buy a "Christmas in Baghdad 2007" coffee mug though. that is the extent of my Christmas decorations. Bah Humbug.

1 Comments:

Blogger BWJones said...

Good to hear. I was wondering if you were still in country or not.

9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

View My Milblogging.com Profile