Monday, August 27, 2007

The Things We Miss

It was my son's first day of Kindergarten today. I have missed birthdays, anniversaries, Thanksgivings, Christmases, and many others that I will never get back. My son does not remember ever having his daddy live at home. We have had one Christmas together in 6 years.
I'm not whining, I chose to come here and do this. I just know that I have made sacrifice after sacrifice for the job, the mission, and my future. I hope to God it all pays off because at the end of the day the main reason I am here is so that in 12 years my son does not have to come over here for any reason other than to be a tourist.
I'm really busy right now so off I go.

1 Comments:

Blogger David M said...

Trackbacked by The Thunder Run - Web Reconnaissance for 08/27/2007
A short recon of what’s out there that might draw your attention, updated throughout the day...so check back often.

9:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

View My Milblogging.com Profile