Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Random Shots

This was my first bunk back in 2003. I shared this billet with 18 other guys. I slept here one night before I moved the cot outside onto a balcony. Two days later I was on an RAF flight to Basra and then Baghdad. It was not very long before I realized just how comfy this spot was.




I took this photo about 8 months later when I transited back through Kuwait again. It is at a hotel in South Kuwait. There were these cardboard cutouts all over the place. It is the first time I have ever seen the locals characature themselves.


Finally we have a Ramadan tent. Rich Kuwaitis set these hospitality tents up for evening festivities. I snuck inside this one during the day to grab this pic. This was Ramadan in 2004.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

View My Milblogging.com Profile