Saturday, September 17, 2005

Salt Lick to the Rescue!!!!!!!!

The Salt Lick is a famous Texas BBQ place located just outside Austin, Texas. It has wonderful BBQ and terrific sauce. I contacted the owners and while they could not send us any BBQ they were kind enough to send a case of sauce. We had a big ole Texas style cookout and even invited some Texas National Guard troops to the cookout. Every bit of this sauce was either soaked into meat or sopped up with bread. This small gesture by the owners will cause years of good will with all the Texans who work, live, and fight here. Thank you Salt Lick!

Some times the little things from home go a long, long way. If any of the readers know people over here they should send them some small taste of home. I'm going after pickled okra next!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Know the place well. Darn good cobbler deserts as well.

Pickled Okra! My friends, Jeff and MaryAnn in Columbas talk about a little place northwest of Houston that have pickled garlic. They love the stuff - you up for some of that?

I also have another taste of Tampa coming your way.

5:47 AM  
Blogger Nononononono said...

I love saltlick. The county line is also super sweet.

It is too bad I can only find Pickled Okra at the commisary. I could never find it here in Tampa or at Bragg.

7:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

View My Milblogging.com Profile