Thursday, September 08, 2005

I wish I took photos this good

This shot was taken by one of the Army photogs here on post. It is just a beautiful shot showing one of the AH-64s at sunset. I love the color play with the fade from yellow to red and the stark sihlouette of this non-nonsense killing machine. I admire these chopper jocks and have the greatest respect for them. I always though that fighter pilots were the end all of aviation unitl I started watching these guys. I know I promised more day to day "our life" photos but this one was just too good to pass up.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And a great picture it is too. I have one very similar from Vietnam with a Huey passing in front of the sun nearly perfectly centered. Like this one it is a great pic. I will see if I can find the neg. and send you a copy.

5:47 AM  
Blogger Robert W. said...

Yes, that is an amazing photo! A pro will tell you that the best photos are generally taken in the early morning or early evening, when the light has different shades of colour to it. The other day a massive hovercraft pulled up on the beach. I should have grabbed my camera and taken some photos with the sunset in the background!

8:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is nothing too special about us. We just got lucky in our MOS choice. It is all of the people behind us and the ones that wer are supporting that are the special ones.

10:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

View My Milblogging.com Profile