Sunday, January 20, 2008

An Army Wedding

We have been invited to a wedding between two officers I know from Iraq. Hell, I didn't even know they were friendly let alone bumping uglies together! The wedding will be in San Antonio and this will be the first time my wife has met many of these folks. She loved the invitation too. It was a Scrabble box with the invitation spelled out with Scrabble pieces. The paper invitation says"Mess Dress with Stetsons and spurs". You gotta love the Cav. They run that western heritage to the hilt and since they are based at Ft. Hood it is almost like they are the Texas Army.
I'm excited. I have not seen a lot of these folks for about two years so I am anxious to finally have a drink with them and celebrate something positive in their lives.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

View My Milblogging.com Profile