Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Lest we forget

I get a lot of email every day and some is junk mail. Some are daily newsletters and such. I got one today from Military.com and it had a link to a video remembrance of the D-Day invasion of Normandy on June 6th, 1944.
Even though it was over 60 years ago and seems like such a different war in a different time the words spoken by President Franklin Delano Roosevelt are a haunting alarm bell to the struggle we have today. I'm glad I tuned in. Today was not a good day for me as I just was overwhelmed by all the duties I have but this gave me some new found strength and vigor.
I also logged onto this video clip where there is a mockumentary of what the media would have portrayed as the invasion as had it happened today instead of over 60 years ago. It has the requisite graphics, talking heads, pseudo experts, and nay sayers who know not what they are talking about just as we do today.
I invite you to watch these videos and hear the words of a man who led us through dark, dark days and into a an era where American hegemony became a fact. It is always darkest before the dawn and it is dark today. The media is largely to blame as are poverty, religious intolerance, and ignorance. I know we have a real live human enemy but anyone involved in this effort long enough comes to understand that if we can defeat poverty then ignorance and religious intolerance will fade away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

View My Milblogging.com Profile