Saturday, July 14, 2007

Overreactions

OK, the powers that be in the exalted castles on high have overreacted to the issue and consequently so did a lot of us. What we are basically being told is, "Be very, very careful. Don't post pictures from facilities, of equipment, of personnel. Don't discuss detail of movement, numbers, unit names, etc." I have no problem with any of that and in reality I think I have done a pretty good job of that in the past. I know that there are some world class idiots over here who think that the bad guys are dumb and dont know how to link facts to make a bigger picture, They are wrong about this. The bad guys are as smart as us, they just are not wired like us.
Instead I will concentrate on my life and how being here affects me on a day to day basis. I am in wind down mode right now as I am getting ready for an overdue R&R. I can't wait to get out of here for a couple of weeks. I just wish my wife would be more understanding and would make the journey this way for a change. That transatlantic haul is wearing and I have done it 12 times in the last 4 years. When our son was a toddler I had some sympathy for her but now that he is school age I really wish she would see it through my eyes and understand that after 4-6 months with absolutely no days off I am mentally and physically exhausted and need to just wind down, not be thrown into another stressful situation.

2 Comments:

Blogger David M said...

Trackbacked by The Thunder Run - Web Reconnaissance for 07/14/2007
A short recon of what’s out there that might draw your attention updated throughout the day…so check back often. This is a weekend edition so updates are as time and family permits.

4:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is good news (at least the first part) and as for the second part, did you ever consider the electronic media (blog) version of Hemmingway? Now tell me you couldn't enjoy a life like that!

Part three: Have you tried getting a meeting in Singapore or some place not associated with what you have been doing the last five or six years. Maybe a place that is new to both of you would put you both on equal footing. Just a thought.

God Bless and stay safe.

4:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

View My Milblogging.com Profile