Saturday, May 05, 2007

The Big Sombrero - Kuwait

I know I have been remiss in posting. No excuse except that I am dead tired all the time. The surge has never ended and now it is part of the landscape. We have met the challenge and done evrything we needed to but it has taken its toll on us all. We are all tired right now.

I'm really looking forward to Memorial Day because we get a holiday and can take it 14 days either side of the holiday. I will take it as early as I can so I can just sleep in and do nothing for a day.

The other day I was driving to the northern end of the country on the 6th Ring Road and saw how far they have come on constructing the new Kuwaiti National Stadium. It has a fabric roof that makes it look like a sombrero. Sort of like the stadium in Tampa Bay but with a roof.

The Kuwaitis say that they are trying to promote tourism and this is one of their steps. It will take more than this, A stadium without beer stands is just not going to attract a huge influx of fans. Then again, there are constant rumors that just any day they are going to begin restricted alcohol sales but I don't see it happening. The way that Islam is becoming more and more strident I can't see the Kuwaitis loosening up on those laws.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

View My Milblogging.com Profile