Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Still Here and a Pink Bicycle

I hope to God that this belongs to a girl. I saw this bicycle on base yesterday and took a quick snap of it. It is a very interesting piece here in Kuwait. First off, you don't see a lot of bicycles because it is A: Too dangerous because of the crazy drivers and B: Too damn hot to ride 6 months out of the year.
Not posting much but I am writing a hell of a lot of procedures, documents, emails, PowerPoints, etc. The Kuwaiti authorities are making rules changes as we go along and that just adds to the entire complex and layered effort of trying to operate on a war footing in a country that does not consider itself at war.

We are in a RIP/TOA (Rotation In Place - Transfer Of Authority) with several units at the same time this surge is here and I am still being pummled with requests for time. Our SPO (Support Officer) is on R&R and I am shouldering his duties along with mine so I get slammed every day by my own time managment. I just don't have enough of it. I am 13 days and a wake up from R&R myself but I'm not counting. 13 days, 21 hours, 14 minutes and 3 seconds from my bird going wheels up for London-Chicago-Austin.

3 Comments:

Blogger Dinah Lord said...

Long time no see, fly. Good to hear that you are well - although swamped by the surge!

Soooo glad to hear that you are on the countdown to home. The bluebells will be in bloom by the time you get there, no?
Cheers - Dinah

3:22 PM  
Blogger Dinah Lord said...

Hey - I've got some great NBA - White House pics up at my site.

Cheers- Dinah

5:55 AM  
Blogger Sean Dustman said...

One of my female corpsman had a hot pink bike and one of the male Marines took off with it. So before I took it back, I took a few pictures of him riding it around and posted them throughout the squadron.

9:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

View My Milblogging.com Profile