Sunday, December 03, 2006

What the hell happened in Pasadena?

I woke up and checked the news and found out that USC had lost to UCLA. I told everyone that I was concerned that USC was not taking them seriously and was looking past them to Ohio State. Of course the TU fans came out of the woodwork again to cheer and whoop about USC losing. I can't figure them out. They got punked in their own house by their most bitter rivals (Texas A&M) and I didn't say a word about it. They were pummeled by Ohio State and froze up against K-State and I didn't even whisper but when USC lost to Oregon State and now UCLA they wanna talk smack.
I remember being at the last game in the 8 game losing streak at the Rose Bowl (with Carson and Scotty Bob) and then being at the Coliseum for the first in the 7 game win streak. UCLA-USC games are fun because the entire city of LA chooses sides and roots for their team. Even though USC came out on the short end this time there will always be another chance.
At least USC gets to go to the Rose Bowl as PAC-10 Champs. I think TU is going to the Tidy Bowl to play the #9 seed from the MAC.

3 Comments:

Blogger flythemig29 said...

My nephew sent the following comments. I took his name out and the copied the rest. He replies anonymously but I still don't want to put his name out there.

The same thing that happened with the Longhorns. They choked... Also, if you are going to start refering to UT as TU I'm going to start calling you an Aggie, because they are the only retreads that say that. It boggles me that you even grew up in TX. You would never know it by the sports teams you root for. Remember you were a UT fan first, an Astros fan first, and an Oilers fan first. They have a saying for this sort of behavior in politics its called Flip Flopping! Sincerely, Xxxxx Xxxxx (your 6th generation native Texan nephew)

8:46 PM  
Blogger flythemig29 said...

I have not lived in Texas for over 20 years. California is my real home. The Oilers moved away and Earl Campbell retired. The Disastros don't play in the Lastrodome anymore. UT is a long way both in disatance and mindset from LA.

Politically I have not wavered one bit. Was, am, will be a moderate with conservative views regarding foreign policy and finance and liberal views regarding civil rights and social affairs.

8:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

James,
I feel good knowing that you will be watched closely at the family reunions.

Good job 6th Generation! Your Uncle needs someone to keep him on his toes. At the same time you gotta love the bear too!

1:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

View My Milblogging.com Profile