Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Back in the Saddle

I have been remiss in posting. My bad. I went on R&R with the family and friends and have been swamped with work since I got back. We did our usual Caribbean fall holiday except that instead of Jamaica we tried Turks & Caicos this time.

The TCI is part of the British West Indies and is a UK Dependant territory. While close in proximity to the Bahamas they were considered part of Jamaica. When Jamaica went independant they wisely chose to reamin British and this is reflected in their safety, stability, way of life, and economic development.

I don't have time to write much today but I am posting a picture of one of the small Cays (Keys) which is populated by about 3000 Iguanas. It is considered a national park and when you walk around you are not allowed off the boardwalk they have erected.

The colors really are this vibrant. White sands, green grasses, blue sky, and turquoise water. There is a buttload of green iguanas too but this pic shows the place at its unspoiled best. You can also see some of the other Cays out there too. None are inhabited by people; just Iguanas, Flamingos, Pelicans, and other types of shorebirds.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

As a Jamaican, I want you to know that I appreciate the sacrifice that my fore parents made to become an Independent Nation so that I was born in an independent country as opposed to one that eventually became a burden to the british crown...Have a chat with european politicians, france and britain, and find out how they wish these islands in the west indes had become independent because as usgar is no longer king they care not to be so attached. But my point is, Even if we become very poor I would never ever trade my history and I am proud of my fore parents they fought fow what the believed in and became independent and yes they have severe growing pains but ever success we celebrate and benifit from and every failure we all suffer but it is out suffering...

10:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

View My Milblogging.com Profile