Thursday, February 02, 2006

Michael Yon for a Pulitzer Prize

My friend and fellow Iraqi resident Dave from daves-not-here turned me on to Micahel Yon a few weeks back. I wished I had been reading him before. This is hands down the best blog out there from Iraq. Michael tells the absolute truth and does not sugar coat or sentimentalize anything. I read today that Michael is being promoted as a Pultizer Prize nominee by Michelle Malkin and several other serious journalists. He deserves it. I have been devouring his past posts and just shaking my head at his real life depiction of our fighting troops, the Iraqis they fight, and the Iraqis they love. It is a staggering and emotional roller coaster ride to read his work. He deserves consideration for this prize but probably won't even be allowed to be on the official nominee list as he was not "Published in an American Newspaper."

Blogs are in fact the newspapers of the future. We each publish our own editorials every day into cyberspace for those who care to read. If you only have time to read one blog a day Michael Yon's is the one to read. I feel like he is my battle buddy and I have never met him.

I have his blog link on my sidebar and here is his webpage link:

http://www.michaelyon-online.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

View My Milblogging.com Profile