Sunday, January 15, 2006

Still down but not out

This flu is kicking my a$$. It is kicking everyone else's too. We have so many people sick and in bed that an epidemiologist would declare that we have an epidemic. This crud going around is worst I have seen for a long, long time. I have been sick for over a week now and it just keeps lingering. Even those who got sick before me are still carrying it around, hacking up green bits and looking like they are stoned out of their gourds.

I have coughed so much and so hard that I have pulled muscles in my ribcage and now it feels like someone is stabbing me every time I cough. This makes for long, restless nights as every cough brings me wide awake and in pain. I still have little appetite and can't taste anything except the very strongest things.

I need some Nyquill, Matzo Ball soup, Vick's Vapo Rub, a humidifier and my Grandmother. I have become a wussy boy and so has everyone else. It is something else to see how everyone reverts to being like a little kid when they are sick. Of course we have some who act like little kids anyway so it is natural for them.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that your feeling down and rough. Maybe you should complain of a sore back. Better yet a "broke back". Might give the wrong impression to some but will get a lot more attention in the press then the good things that are happening in Iraq this evening.

Seriously, sorry to hear that the "Crud" has you all by the balls. Been there done that and was too damned sick to buy the "T" shirt. Something you don't want to loose sight of and keep a day to day ledger about. Encourage your subordinates to do the same (that will make somebody nervous) and collectively someone may make sence out of all of your demises!

Remember the Marine that was in 2/7, well he will be home (Columbus, TX) the week of Feb. 13 to Feb. 20. So far I have arranged a reunion of four possibly five Marines and a Seabee. Wish you could be there. We may convine the meeting in Las Vegas where one of the sons and a Marine is a Manager of a Hooters. Imagine that, managing a Hooters in LV.

Sorry, back to your illness. Sorry to hear that your feeling so down and beat up. Grandma can't do anything for you, Karen can!

You gotta know that I love you James and I hope for the best for you and your's. A few hot toddies will help if they were available.

God Bless you all and my sincerest wishes for a speedy recovery for all of you there in Taji. Eat well, sleep as best you can and most importantly stay on track.

I love and respect you all, Fritz

6:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

View My Milblogging.com Profile