Monday, September 24, 2007

Drifting Mind


I am back in the savage north known as Iraq. It has not changed at all except more of the equipment is up armored and there are more T-Walls than ever. I am re-adjusting to my life and role but it is all a very bitter pill at this time. I am trying to get my heart into it as I made a promise but it is not easy. I find my mind drifting in so many directions.

"What will I do after this?" "Will I ever be happy in a regular job again?" "Will I miss the adrenaline?" "Will I miss the troops?" "How much of my son's childhood do I sacrifice?" "How will my wife take me being there EVERY day?" Then there is the biggest question for me....."When do I leave?"

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can see it has been awhile since you were given much time of your own.

"What will I do after this?" WHAT EVER IT IS IT WILL BE A POSITIVE AND WILL BE DONE WELL.

"Will I ever be happy in a regular job again?" I DON'T THINK YOU WILL EVER GET A CHANCE TO SEE. WHATEVER YOU DO WILL NOT BE ANYTHING THE REST OF US WOULD CALL "REGULAR". WE EXPECT GREAT THINGS FROM YOU.

"Will I miss the Adrenaline?" TAKE UP SKYDIVING!

"Will I miss the troops?" YOU WILL AT FIRST, THEN YOU WILL FIND A WAY TO FILL IN FOR THEM. THERE ARE A LOT OF TROOPS BACK HERE THAT WILL NEED THE KIND OF SUPPORT AND COMPASSION YOU HAVE TO GIVE AND A CAREER OPPORTUNITY FOR YOU AS WELL.

"How much of my son's childhood do I sacrifice?" HOPEFULLY NONE MORE THAN YOU HAVE ALREADY GIVEN. HE AND HIS MOTHER ARE FOREVER IN OUR PRAYERS FOR SHARING YOU WITH US AS MUCH AS THEY HAVE.

"How will my wife take me being there EVERY day?" THAT MY FRIEND YOUR GOING TO HAVE TO WORK OUT ON YOUR OWN. BEEN THERE, DONE THAT AND IT AIN'T EASY!

"When do I leave?" SOON I HOPE. NOW THAT YOU HAVE MADE UP YOUR MIND TO LEAVE YOU HAVE TO UNDERSTAND THAT YOU ARE NOT GOING TO CAUSE THE SYSTEM TO COLAPSE IF YOU LEAVE. TOMORROW IS A GOOD DAY!

YOU HAVE A LOT OF PEOPLE PULLING FOR YOU AND OUR PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU AND YOUR CREW EVERYDAY. WHATEVER CHOICE YOU MAKE WILL BE THE RIGHT ONE.

4:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the comic!!!

And do not worry right now. You are doing what is right and what is needed for our country. Your wife and son will always know you are a hero and will not regret what you have done for us in Iraq.

12:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

View My Milblogging.com Profile