Sunday, September 30, 2007

¿Senor, es que un toro en su asno?


I feel like the guy in this photo. Every BOOM and every POP makes me wonder just how long I can be lucky. I had some close calls in 2004-05 and now that I am back I think a lot about my own mortality. Back then we laughed and joked and called it "Mortar Bingo" but we really thought it would not happen to us. Most of those folks have left and are home safe. Hearing the Phalanx ripping out ungodly numbers of 20mm shells to tear apart rockets in mid air makes me feel better but I hate the "Big Voice". It either makes you jump out of your skin when they give incoming warnings or makes you just about crap your pants when they make an "All Clear" and you realize that you never even knew we had incoming.
The days just drag. It seems like they take 48 hours to complete. I guess that is part of the problem with having an end game. I wish I was man enough to just suck it up and press on but I am like a kid looking at Summer Vacation and counting the days until school starts. R&Rs were never as anticipated as this.
The guy in the photo knows that bull is on his a$$. That is how I feel. I am sprinting for the rails and that bull is behind me. I think I am going to make it but there is always the chance that I could trip and fall and the bull could get me. Like it says in the title. "Mister, is that a bull on your a$$?"

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

One of the Largest realities I learned when I got home was that the war will go on fine without us.We made our differences and now its time for the other side to carry the tourch.Come home safe Buddy.You will do fine.
Big Lou

8:27 PM  
Blogger David M said...

Trackbacked by The Thunder Run - Web Reconnaissance for 10/01/2007
A short recon of what’s out there that might draw your attention, updated throughout the day...so check back often.

6:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

View My Milblogging.com Profile