Friday, September 07, 2007

The Merry Go Round

You are driving in a car at a constant speed. On your left side is a drop off - the ground is 18-20 inches below the level you are traveling on - and on your right side is a fire engine traveling at the same speed as you. In front of you is a galloping horse which is the same size as your car and you cannot overtake it. Behind you is a galloping zebra. Both the horse and zebra are also traveling at the same speed as you. What must you do to safely get out of this highly dangerous situation?

* Get your drunk a$$ off the merry-go-round. *
I don't know why this struck me as so funny. I guess it is because I have come out of the Yard House in Long Beach, CA and put my drunk a$$ on the Merry Go Round at Shoreline Village.. Maybe it is because it reminds me of Congressional politics. I think it is because more than anything it reminds me of some of the convoluted situations we run into where people in senior command demand that we operate exactly like our counterparts in CONUS. That would be very amenable to the situation except that... WE ARE IN A FRIGGING WAR HERE.
Sorry, had to vent.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a good one! The funniest part of it is that while I was reading through the description of the situation (and having spent time in Kuwait) I could actually visualize the situation as real! After all it wasn't too long ago when you posted pictures of floppy eared goats in the vehicle in front of you on what could have been the same road.

As for the last paragraph in your posting - I can only imagine that things are getting more and more difficult as the overall situation starts to get more political across the board and leading up to elections here in the states.

Hang in there Buddy.

4:30 PM  
Blogger David M said...

Trackbacked by The Thunder Run - Web Reconnaissance for 09/07/2007
A short recon of what’s out there that might draw your attention, updated throughout the day...so check back often.

10:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

View My Milblogging.com Profile