Thursday, May 04, 2006

Chinook in Flight


US Army Helicopters are named after Indian (Native American for the PC crowd) tribes. This is the Chinook. It is a large bird that can carry lots of stuff and people. I won't say how much or what because that is OpSec but it is a workhorse of an aircraft.

I have flown in one several times and it is a lot different from a Black Hawk. Those are like sports cars and this is like a truck. It is a very interesting helicopter in that it has counter rotating props and this negates the need for the tail prop you see on other helicopters.

Yep, I shot this with my new camera from about 1/2 mile using a 300mm zoom lens. It makes it a bit grainy but you can clearly see the crewman in the fuselage door.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

View My Milblogging.com Profile