Friday, April 21, 2006

Back from Dubai


I just got back from a short visit to Dubai. What was supposed to be a two day trip ended up being a 5 day trip. There are some things I won't go into here but I had to pull a rescue mission on a stranded employee and then had a bumped flight back. All in all I had a good time and needed the break. It will get me through until I get a real R&R.

I bought a honking camera while I was there that fits all my autofocus lenses from my 35mm SLR setup. I bought the Konica Minolta Dynax 7D which is their top of the line model. It retails for about $1500.00 + tax in the US and I got it for $1100.00 tax free. The photo attached is a low light shot that I took at night in Bur Dubai. This is the old Souk and it has been almost totally rebuilt by the government. What I really like is the lighting in the wind towers.

With this new camera I will be able to take hundreds of shots to experiment with. I love the resolution of 35mm but it costs a lot for developing. This camera will allow me to be a shutter bug and be able to play around. I know this one look a little grainy but I am still playing with editing tools also. I compressed this from a large sized 5Meg photo to a .57 smaller frame.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a sweet deal on the Minolta, especially since you can use your other lenses with this camera.

I have a Canon Rebel SLR complete with some serious lenses. I just purchased a Nikon Coolpix P4 digital camera to replace my Canon A80. The digital camera is such a fabulous learning tool for photography. I tend to use both the film and the digital while traveling. Well actually, more of the digital than film.

I look forward to viewing your pictures. Will you be posting them here or on VT?

6:25 AM  
Blogger membrain said...

I just checked out the Minolta you bought on the web and was surprised to see that Minolta ceased being in the camera business in March 2006. At another site I read and independent review and you've got yourself one helluva camera. I'm a point a stupid kinda guy so I happy with my Kodak 5. Meg. I'm looking forward to you pics. Take care.

11:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

View My Milblogging.com Profile