Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Being bad is a full time job

The media at home infuriates us. They only harp on bad news and what happens to our soldiers. If it bleeds it leads. They don't tell you how many bad guys we kill. I'm glad they gave up the body count after Vietnam but it would go a long way toward making everyone feel a lot better this time around if the truth were told.

I was asked by a friend to add more pictures. Ok, I will. I'll add what I can that is not too gruesome or anything that will upset my family but this is a photo I love. It was taken during the invasion by a soldier from the 203rd Engineers, Missouri National Guard. How would you like to be on the receiving end of that 25mm chain gun?

5 Comments:

Blogger Yarbz said...

In answer to your question about the other end of the 25mm, I think the answer is... NO! :-)

6:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The MSM giving up on the body count? Not likely.

The body count is wrapped in other news stories, such as how under protected the troops are. Last week the Philly Inquirer posted a 4 page spread on such a topic. I spent a day refuting the information and tangling with the author of this lame article, when I should have been udating my blog!

The bias is way too evident, and I surmise that most Americans treat is as BS. Hence, the rise of the Blogger!

11:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fortunately there are Blogs and Blogger like you to refute the biased slant of the "Mainstream Media." Keep up the good work over in Iraq and on your Blog!

7:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

James

Only you could come up with "whacky Iraqi's." I stumbled onto your blog after stumbling on Earney's - both great.

Hope all is going well for you guys.

Vince Pantano

9:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hate to break this to you but that picture was not taken by a 203rd Soldier. I am a 203rd Soldier. I like the thought that we were right behind the Infantry boys in the attack but don't want to take credit where it's not due. We weren't in country until May of 2003. That picture was taken in the initial take of Baghdad in March.

3:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

View My Milblogging.com Profile